Forever, humans have sought to improve their middling forms through advances in magic, science, and technology. But when the first consciousness was successfully uploaded to an android body, the human race did not rejoice. In fact, many found the total merging of man into machine as the final nail in humanity’s proverbial coffin. Pressured by public opinion, the project was shut down.
Or so everybody thought.
Kurusu Androids live on, constructed in hidden labs. Sometimes, they’re paid for by the richest of the elite. Other times, a child who would be lost too soon is given another chance at life. While the greater society sees them as the plague of this age, androids have found allies and friends among those who would be heroes. To this end, it is the mission of most androids to prove their value to the world.
Kurusu usually have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Modifiers: Androids are quick of both body and mind, but they are not well received when their heritage is revealed. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma.
- Type (2 points): (Constructed) A kurusu is both a construct and a humanoid. It gains +4 on all saves against mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, and stun effects.
- Medium: Kurusu are Medium creatures, and gain no bonus or penalty for their size.
- Base Speed (1 point): (Steady) Kurusu have a base speed of 30 feet, and their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Languages: Kurusu speak the common language of their world + 1 other language of their choice.
- Danger Sense (4 points): A kurusu gains a +2 racial bonus to AC and Reflex saves against traps, and a +2 on Perception checks to avoid being surprised.
- Rapid Processing (2 points): A kurusu gains a +4 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells and effects.
- Sprint (1 point): A kurusu’s speed increases by +10 feet when it uses the charge, run, or withdraw actions.
- Hydraulics (3 points): As a standard action, a kurusu can give itself a +4 enhancement bonus to its Strength for 1 minute per Hit Die (minimum 1). These minutes need not be spent consecutively, but they must be spent in 1-minute increments. A free action ends the effect.
- See in Darkness (4 points): A kurusu gains darkvision out to 120 feet. It can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, including that created by spells such as deeper darkness.
Play Manga d20 © 2019, d20pfsrd.com Publishing; Author: Kevin Glusing.