Sometimes referred to as storm children, the raibyo were blessed by kami with gifts of thunder and lightning. Some channel these gifts into exceptional speed or power, while others have learned to use them to mask themselves from sight.
Until a raibyo reveals itself to have a unique gift, nothing short of divination gives away its true nature. The race uses this to blend into the rest of society alongside other catfolk, and some go their entire lives without others discovering their power.
Raibyo usually have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Modifiers: Raibyo are naturally agile, and their relation to catfolk makes it easier for others to get along with them, but their attention is easily broken at times. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Wisdom.
- Type: Raibyo are humanoids with the catfolk subtype.
- Medium: Raibyo are Medium creatures, and gain no bonus or penalty for their size.
- Base Speed: Raibyo have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Raibyo speak the common language of their world + 1 other language of their choice.
- Storm Resistance (4 points): Each raibyo is immune to sonic effects and has electricity resistance 5. If affected by a friendly effect (such as a bard’s performance), the raibyo can suppress its immunity for the duration as a free action.
- Kami’s Gift (2 points): At character creation, a raibyo chooses enlarge person, expeditious retreat, or vanish. The raibyo can cast the chosen spell twice per day, targeting itself. The caster level of the chosen spell is equal to the raibyo’s total Hit Dice (minimum 1).
- Climb (2 points): A raibyo has a climb speed of 20 feet and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks.
- Low-Light Vision (1 point): A raibyo can see twice as far as a human in conditions of dim light.
Play Manga d20 © 2019, d20pfsrd.com Publishing; Author: Kevin Glusing.