There are vile creatures lurking in the shadows, watching, waiting for a chance to steal some hapless victim in the dead of night. If not for the dhampir who hunt them, such supernatural beings could have wiped the living away many times over. By turning their own cursed existence against the tides of evil, the dhampir find a modicum of solace.
While they prefer the comforts of darkness and moonlight, the dhampir will occasionally travel by day when hunting a particularly dangerous foe. They may even seek others like them for aid, hoping against hope that a team of heroes won’t be too late to end whatever threatens the world out of the corner of its eye.
Kyuketsuki usually have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Modifiers: Kyuketsuki have preternatural reactions and an odd allure, but they are frail, especially when exposed directly to sunlight. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Constitution.
- Type: Kyuketsuki are humanoids with the dhampir subtype.
- Medium: Kyuketsuki are Medium creatures, and gain no bonus or penalty for their size.
- Base Speed: Kyuketsuki have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Kyuketsuki speak the common language of their world + 1 other language of their choice.
- Cunning (2 points): Kyuketsuki gain +2 on Perception checks to notice traps and hidden doors located in walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Animus (4 points): Once per day, a kyuketsuki can assume the form of a bat, dire bat, dire wolf, or wolf. This functions as beast shape II, and the dhampir’s caster level with the spell is equal to its total Hit Dice (minimum 1).
- Jump (2 points): A kyuketsuki always counts as having a running start when making an Acrobatics check to jump.
- Blindsense (4 points): Using non-visual senses such as acute smell or hearing, kyuketsuki notice things they cannot see. They usually do not need to make Perception checks to pinpoint the location of a creature within 30 feet, provided they have line of effect to that creature. A creature that a dhampir cannot see still has total concealment against the dhampir, and the dhampir still has the normal miss chance when attacking creatures that have concealment. Visibility still affects the dhampir’s movement, and they are still denied their Dexterity bonus to AC against attacks from creatures they cannot see.
- Low-Light Vision (1 point): A kyuketsuki can see twice as far as a human in conditions of dim light.
- Light Sensitivity (–1 point): A kyuketsuki are dazzled in bright light.
- Negative Affinity (–1 point): A kyuketsuki is alive, but is healed by negative energy and harmed by positive energy, as if it were an undead creature.
Play Manga d20 © 2019, d20pfsrd.com Publishing; Author: Kevin Glusing.