Ratfolk hold an interesting place in history with the other races of the world. They fought for both sides during the war with the dark elves. They have run city-spanning, often illegal gambling rings. And they have been known to act as both emissaries and assassins when it comes to the leadership of countries. With all of that, it should come as no surprise that the race is a radical, rebellious lot who very often can only be trusted so long as one can see them.
In an era of heroes, the shirui ratfolk are the first to offer aid, for a price. They make for unpredictable adventurers, dastardly gun bunnies, and superior ninjas. Most surprising to those who meet them, however, is the fact that they’re master tech geniuses with a remarkable talent for crafting modern equipment from seemingly old-fashioned or outdated materials and tools.
Shirui usually have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Modifiers: The shirui are often the first to get out of the way of danger, and the first to come up with a plan of action when the need arises, but their physical stature leaves them wanting. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Strength.
- Type: Shirui are humanoids with the ratfolk subtype.
- Small (–1 point): As Small creatures, shirui gain a +1 size bonus to AC and attacks and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks, but suffer a –1 penalty to CMB and CMD.
- Base Speed (1 point): (Fast Movement) Shirui have a base speed of 40 feet.
- Languages: Shirui speak the common language of their world + 1 other language of their choice.
- Emissary (1 point): Once per day, ratfolk can roll twice when making a Bluff or Diplomacy check and take the better roll.
- Junk Tinker (4 points): Shirui gain a +2 racial bonus on driving checks and on Craft checks to build or repair weapons or vehicles without the proper tools. They can make the attempt with any material that can hold the right shape for a few uses, but normally unfit materials produce items with the fragile quality.
- Climb (2 points): Shirui have a climb speed of 20 feet and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks.
- Darkvision (2 points): A shirui can see in natural darkness out to 60 feet, but only in black and white with no details.
Play Manga d20 © 2019, d20pfsrd.com Publishing; Author: Kevin Glusing.